Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day


This goes out to all of us... Sean, Jared, Bryan and Ken (almost there).

Congrats on Fatherhood.

... and a big hug to Dad, you've been a great father for over 30 years!

This afternoon, as I was flipping through my Missionary scrapbook that Mom put together for me, I found the first letter that I wrote home, the one that I wrote to you. It's been almost 13 years since I wrote/read it, so I pulled it out and read it.

In case you don't remember it, It old you a bit about my life at the MTC and shared my first experience of giving a blessing. The funny thing about rereading that letter, I don't really remember it, but the principle of that moment has stayed with me for long after that.

Want to quote a part of the letter for you:

"I thank you: for your teachings; for your strict but gentle hand; and your priesthood power and many other things.

"I'm proud to be here. Proud to serve, and proud to have you as my father. I love you."

Elder M. Clayton (Sept 9, 1993)


Sorry I didn't send a card, but we are going to see Superman Returns that first weekend that I'm in UT (it opens 6/30).

Have a great day!

No comments: