Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tressa's blessing


The Falls of the Ohio in Clarksville, Indiana



Tressa in her blessing dress.


Grandma and Grandma with Tressa, Isaac and Clara


Tressa with her mom and dad


Tressa and Ken going through Fat Man's Misery at Mammoth Caves


We had a great time over Labor Day weekend. We had a lot of family come for Tressa's blessing. On Ken's side of the family, we had Arlyn (Ken's dad), Colleen (Ken's mom), Trav (brother), Carl (brother) and Tiona (Carl's wife). On my side of the family, we had my mom, dad, Spencer, Bryan, Kirsten, Isaac, Clara, Aunt Joan and Uncle Fred. Friday night we went to the hotel and went swimming. Tressa really enjoyed the water, especially the hot tub. On Saturday, we drove about 100 miles south to Mammoth Caves. We went on the Historic tour. It was neat to learn the history that occurred in the caves and what they were used for. After the blessing, we had a big luncheon. Later that evening, we went to the Falls of the Ohio and then went to see the Louisville Temple. It was great to have family visit after living here for three years. I guess it did take a baby to get family out here to visit. :) Ken and I had a great time. We want to thank those who came to support us and participate in the blessing of our little Tressa.

6 comments:

Min said...

Congrats you three! I can sympathize with it taking a baby to get family to come visit. Looks like you had a great time.

Kirsten said...

We're glad that we could make it and see everyone. It was nice to be with family. I know Isaac had a blast!

Keli said...

I heard that everyone had a great time. Tressa looks beautiful in her dress. And Clara looks like a huge chub. Isaac has grown up so much, I can't wait to see them all at Christmas. You're all invited to come and visit for our baby in February. ;)

traci said...

Michelle-

We're not too far from Mammoth caves. Where are you exactly?

Email or call me. Donna has my info or your mom might. It would be fun to get together. I wish I had known about the blessing. Oh well. Life continues.

Traci

grannybabs said...

My college roommate's mother's name is Tressa. And I had never heard the name before or since. Then you named your baby Tressa and a young man in our ward got engaged to a young lady named Tressa - who said she'd never met anyone with her name until she went to Disneyland last year and a girl in line had the name too!!

Is there a history in your choice of the name?

She's a beautiful baby and you all look great!

Michelle said...

In answer to your question Traci, Ken and I live in Louisville, KY. Ken is attending his 4th year of medical school at the University of Louisville. We would really like it if we could get together. My phonenumber is (502)425-4810.

In answer to your question Aunt Barbara, Tressa is a family name. My husband's great grandmother was named Isabella. She had long tresses of black hair; therefore, they nicknamed her Tressa. When Ken and I were deciding names, we had two choices 1) Tressa Jeanette or 2) Courtney Tressa. When we looked at her for the first time and saw how much hair she had, we decided upon the name Tressa Jeanette.