Thursday, June 23, 2005

I'm getting a new Mac

In September, my old G4 Tower will be 6 years old (I bought it in 1999)... so it's time to retire it as the main machine. It'll still be used, but Mindy and the kids will be the primary users.

So what am I getting?

One of the 20" iMac G5 with a 2Ghz processor is one its way here.

iMac G5

It has a 128MB video card, DVD Burner, and built in Wireless Internet and Bluetooth. Since its got Bluetooth, I took the option for the wireless keyboard and mouse. That's going to be such a blessing. No wires on the desktop!

Plus I'm getting a new printer (The Epson R1800) that can print images up to 13" wide (and as long as 44" long). Mindy's looking forward to be able to print her 12" x 12" scrapbook stuff.

In addition I also got an iSight. So now Bryan and I can have better video conversations (if he's ever online). Now if we can get Mom, Jared and Sean to get one...

Anyways, since this machine is small and semi-portable, I'll be bringing it to Utah with me so that I can get some work done while I'm there.

Hopefully this machine will last me another 6 years.

1 comment:

bryan said...

Now if I had to stare at that computer screen for ten hours a day it wouldn't be so bad!

Oh- maybe when you are in town we can finally pay you for the new operating system and get it installed on our Mac.